How to prepare for your Driving Test
There’s no denying it’s scary to sit the driving test for your red P-plates. But a little preparation goes a long way! Follow these tips from the RMS and from Glenn to make sure you’re ready to go.
- Make sure your learner logbook is complete. Check to see that your instructor/s (like your parents or guardians) have signed off on every entry, and that the Declaration of Completion is all filled out.
- Don’t forget your learner licence! If you show up to the RMS registry without your licence you cannot sit the test.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. If you don’t normally drive in high heels, don’t wear them to the test.
- If you wear glasses or contacts while driving, be sure to have them with you.
- Make sure you’ve eaten and had enough to drink. You won’t focus as well if you’re hungry!
- Give yourself lots of time to arrive at the registry. You don’t want to be rushing or adding extra stress to your day.
- Finally, make sure you have a way of getting home – regardless of whether you pass or fail! If you are doing your test in a Glenn’s Driving School car, we’ll take you back to school, work or home as part of the service.